Children Central is a Keystone STARS 4 program, the highest rating a preschool can achieve in PA. Come visit with us and see why families agree that we are their top choice (and best value) in Preschool and children’s day care / child care. Children Central has been proudly serving the Langhorne, Yardley, Pennsylvania Bucks County communities and neighboring areas since 1992.
We utilize the well-known High Reach curriculum (www.highreach.com), which is aligned with the PA. early learning standards, which is confirmed by the Keystone STARS organization. What this means is that in every classroom, the children are learning what their age group is expected to know and a whole lot more, as we have very high expectations for our students and teachers. You will see the weekly lesson plan posted in each classroom, starting with the infant room.
Other preschools may ‘claim’ many things about their curriculum and staff during a tour, and especially on social media. The difference at Children Central is that our school curriculum, the degrees in education earned by our teachers, teacher training hours, and our high quality learning environment, are all personally verified by the Keystone STARS organization. The Keystone STARS organization only visits and observes preschools rated STAR 3 and 4.
Our school represents society. Children come from many races, cultures, languages and religions to learn together and appreciate their differences.
Ages 6 weeks to 12+ years (includes Summer Camp, After Care)
We will match corporate discounts! *(Please ask for details)
What does it mean when it is said that Children Central Child Care / Learning Center is the ‘BEST VALUE’ in the Langhorne / Yardley area for preschool, day care or child care? It means that you get very high quality with so much included, so that our families know they are getting a great deal for their tuition. We are not the lowest tuition, or the most expensive in the area (why pay more?), as we are considered the best value because of all we offer as a top preschool program:
- Hours of operation: 6:30AM – 6:30PM, Monday to Friday
- Teaching staff has a very high percentage of degrees in early childhood education – This is part of the requirement to earn a KEYSTONE STARS 4 Rating (See Staff Bios)
- Daily lunch prepared by Chef (See the ‘Menu’ box above to view monthly menu)
- Large outdoor playground AND fun indoor play area called the ‘Discovery Village’
- Curriculum is aligned with the PA early learning standards – This means that the children are learning what their age group is expected to know at their age and a whole lot more! (Please see the Curriculum tab above to learn more details)
- Individualized Daily Activity Reports – Provides a good snapshot of your child’s day!
- Keystone STAR 4 Rated Program (Please see link to learn what a STAR 4 program provides)
- Music Program – In partnership with Kids’ Music Round
- Spanish taught in Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten
- Family-owned, with two owners and the Director present full-time: NOT a corporation or franchise!
- Part-Time and Half-Day programs available – we will do our best to accommodate what you have in mind
- Limited school closings for holidays when most companies are closed; no week long closures!
- Teachers participate in 24 hours of professional development annually per Keystone STARS requirements
- Staff and administration are certified in CPR, Pediatric First Aid and Fire Training
- DATE NIGHTS – Parents love being able to have a fun (and inexpensive) Friday night out every month!
- MANIC MONDAY – Every Monday, Children Central provides free ‘coffee to go’ to help start the week off!
- Extracurricular activities offered: Amazing Athletes
- High Tech Security – Every family receives their own specific code to enter the school; fingerprint scan to check your child in and out
- Entire school professionally cleaned nightly!
- Monitoring Cameras
- Parent/teacher conferences to discuss child’s progress based on formal assessments per teacher observations
- Monthly fire drills
- Recommended Center By the PA. Dept. of Public Welfare
- APPLE / CCIS – Gladly Accepted (Only submit weekly copay; WE DO NOT UPCHARGE!)
ALL THE WAYS WE COMMUNICATE TO YOU, FROM OUR PRESCHOOL LANGHORNE PA
Our convenient location is close to Yardley, the 95 and Hwy 1 and is easily accessible from the surrounding neighborhoods. When you enroll your child at our child care center, preschool, or day care, (no matter what you call us) we consider it a partnership. Communication works best when it is ‘two-way.’ Your experience will be greatly enhanced by communicating with the Teachers and Administration – please always let us know if you should ever have any concerns or questions. You will be able to speak with the Director, or the two owners, who are all here full-time to help make your family’s experience exceptional at our Keystone STAR 4 Preschool Program.
You will be able to learn more detailed information about your child and the various events and activities at our preschool / child care center by one, or all, of the following ways we communicate with you:
- Parent/Teacher Conferences – A parent / family meeting is offered within 45 days of enrollment and after each transition to a new class to share observations and goals for your child. A minimum of 2 formal annual conferences in person or by phone; or you may arrange a conference at any time throughout the year.
- Individualized Daily Gram (This report will give you a good snapshot of your child’s day)
- Boo Boo Gram – Inform you about any minor bumps, bruises, scrapes (We will call if it is anything more serious)
- Parent Information Board (Look to the right when you exit the school)
- Posted Notices (Check the entrance door and the area near the check in/out monitor)
- Child’s Mailbox (In addition to all the ‘refrigerator art’ you will receive, we include lots of good information)
- Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/childrencentral — weekly photos, reminders and event announcements!)
- Weekly News Bulletin – Highlights of the week and news about upcoming events and activities (Posted on our Facebook page and at school)
- This Website – See updated information about the school, staff bios, special days and our monthly menu)
- Monthly Classroom Newsletters (Make sure to read the informative newsletters that your teachers create)
- Optional Texts (If you would like to receive a photo of your child during the day, let Administration know!)
- Administration (Call, email or stop by any time to contact the Director, or the two Owners who are all here full-time for you)